Telling the Story of Leather
National Leather Collection
Title of role
Volunteer Digital Curator
- To create and maintain a well-organised Flickr album of documents, photographs and film negatives.
- To supplement the album with information and tags.
Tasks and activities
- Upload photos to the museum’s Flickr account.
- Organise and maintain an online catalogue by sorting files into albums.
- Augmenting photographs with relevant information and adding tags to make the catalogue searchable.
Victoria Green, Project Manager email@example.com
2nd Floor Grosvenor Chambers, Grosvenor Shopping Centre, Northampton, NN1 2EW
Flexible; we ask for a commitment of 4-6 hours per week, which can be completed over 1 or 2 days. (Our operating hours are Mon – Thurs, 10:00 – 16:00.)
- Be competent with a computer and able to upload photos
- Good organisation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Be motivated and able to self-manage
We are hosting a volunteer recruitment event at the National Leather Collection on Thursday 5th July from 14:00 - 15:00. This will provide an introduction to the project and an opportunity to meet the Project Manager and ask questions.
- Basic archival/cataloguing training.
- Training in how to use and manage a Flickr account.
- Continued support provided by Project Manager.
Any other relevant information
- The National Leather Collection is fully wheelchair accessible.
- The project has a small budget for volunteer expenses, and may be able to refund the cost of bus tickets and public parking.