Telling the Story of Leather
National Leather Collection
Title of role
Volunteer Social Media Assistant
- Create a social media campaign to promote the project and provide updates about ongoing work.
- Produce content for YouTube.
Tasks and activities
- Use social media management tool Hootsuite to write content in your own voice.
- Take photographs and edit archive images for use on our social media platforms.
- Create and use project hashtags to raise awareness.
- Edit audio files of interviews to upload on our YouTube channel.
Victoria Green, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Floor Grosvenor Chambers, Grosvenor Shopping Centre, Northampton, NN1 2EW
Flexible; we ask for a commitment of 4-6 hours per week, which can be completed over 1 or 2 days. (Our operating hours are Mon – Thurs, 10:00 – 16:00.)
- Familiarity with social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Be creative when writing posts
- Good organisation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Be motivated and able to self-manage
We are hosting a volunteer recruitment event at the National Leather Collection on Thursday 5th July from 14:00 - 15:00. This will provide an introduction to the project and an opportunity to meet the Project Manager and ask questions.
- Basic archival/cataloguing training.
- Training in the handling of museum objects.
- Continued support provided by Project Manager.
Any other relevant information
The National Leather Collection is fully wheelchair accessible.
The project has a small budget for volunteer expenses, and may be able to refund the cost of bus tickets and public parking.