Telling the Story of Leather
National Leather Collection
Title of role
Volunteer Archival Assistant
- Organise the museum’s paper archive.
- Create a detailed catalogue of all archival material.
- Implement a new system for classifying and storing documents, photos and film negatives.
Tasks and activities
- Explore the archives and produce a quick box list to show what material we have.
- Organise and classify material.
- List material and storage location to produce a catalogue.
- Augmenting catalogue with further information by studying documents.
Victoria Green, Project Manager email@example.com
2nd Floor Grosvenor Chambers, Grosvenor Shopping Centre, Northampton, NN1 2EW
Flexible; we ask for a commitment of 4-6 hours per week, which can be completed over 1 or 2 days. (Our operating hours are Mon – Thurs, 10:00 – 16:00.)
- Have an interest in history
- Good organisation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Be motivated and able to self-manage
We are hosting a volunteer recruitment event at the National Leather Collection on Thursday 5th July from 14:00 - 15:00. This will provide an introduction to the project and an opportunity to meet the Project Manager and ask questions.
- Basic archival/cataloguing training.
- Training in the handling of museum objects.
- Continued support provided by Project Manager.
Any other relevant information
- The National Leather Collection is fully wheelchair accessible.
- The project has a small budget for volunteer expenses, and may be able to refund the cost of bus tickets and public parking.